Recently I got a task to move windows server 2003 to windows server 2008. Task is designed to execute .CMD file which internally calling .BAT file. Task was designed to run using service account with store password on windows server 2003.
First of all I was unable to import the task to windows server 2008 due to format issue so I have created new scheduled task and specify the location of .CMD file to execute when I configured the service account and try to store the password I got the below error.
An error has occurred for the task MyProfileTask. Error message: The following error was reported: A specified logon session does not exist. It may have already been terminated.
To resolve the above error follow the below steps.
Step 1: Go to run window and type SECPOL.msc and it will open Local Group Policy editor window
Step 2: Go to Security Settings –> Local Policies –> Security Options and disable the Network Access: Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication option.
There are scenarios where your windows account or SQL Server Service windows account is not working as per the expectation. Below are the most common issues observed if there is any issue with Windows Service account.
Service Account is locked
Service Account is disabled in domain
Account is expired
Need to change password
To check the above properties of domain account, follow the below steps:
Go to Start | Run and then type “dsa.msc”. That command will open the Active Directory Users and Computers console.
Next right click on the active directory group in the console and click on “Find”. Type the windows account name in the find dialog box and click on the “Find Now” button.
Right click on the windows account name from the search result –> Select Propertie –> Go to Account tab. Here you have to check whether account is locked out or expired or disabled in domain or needs the password changed.
If you find any of the above issue, work with AD or Windows team to fix it.
You can execute the below script to get the SQL Server Properties.
create table #server(ID int, Name sysname null, Internal_Value int null, Value nvarchar(512) null)
insert #server exec master.dbo.xp_msver
declare @RegRootDir nvarchar(512)
exec master.dbo.xp_instance_regread N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', N'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\Setup', N'SQLPath', @RegRootDir OUTPUT
(select Value from #server where Name = N'ProductName') AS [Product],
SERVERPROPERTY(N'ProductVersion') AS [VersionString],
(select Value from #server where Name = N'Language') AS [Language],
(select Value from #server where Name = N'Platform') AS [Platform],
CAST(SERVERPROPERTY(N'Edition') AS sysname) AS [Edition],
(select Internal_Value from #server where Name = N'ProcessorCount') AS [Processors],
(select Value from #server where Name = N'WindowsVersion') AS [OSVersion],
(select Internal_Value from #server where Name = N'PhysicalMemory') AS [PhysicalMemory],
CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('IsClustered') AS bit) AS [IsClustered],
@RegRootDir AS [RootDirectory],
convert(sysname, serverproperty(N'collation')) AS [Collation]
drop table #server
While working with the Results to Text option in SSMS, you may come across a situation where the output from dynamically generated data is truncated. In this article I will guide you on how to fix this issue and print all the text for the Results to Text option.
You can use the below script to identify the data, log and backup file drive.
@@SERVERNAME as svrName,
select distinct SUBSTRING(filename,1,3) as drivename, 'data Drive' as drivedescription from master..sysaltfiles where filename like '%.mdf'
select distinct SUBSTRING(filename,1,3) as drivename, 'Log Drive' as drivedescription from master..sysaltfiles where filename like '%.ldf'
select distinct SUBSTRING(physical_device_name,1,3) as drivename, 'Backup Drive' as drivedescription from msdb.dbo.backupmediafamily where physical_device_name like '%.bak'