SQL Server 2005/2008 built-in function LOGINPROPERTY can help us retrieve the important information of login properties.
We can retrieve the below important details using LOGINPROPERTY function.
1. Date of last password change
2. Login is locked or not
3. Loign password expired
4. Need to change password at next login or not
5. Count of consecutive failed login attempts
6. DateTime when the last login failed
7. DateTime when the login was locked out
8. Password hash
9. Returns the number of days until the password expires. LOGINPROPERTY(‘sa’, ‘DaysUntilExpiration’) argument is only available with SQL Server 2008
CASE LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'IsLocked')
WHEN 0 THEN 'No'
WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes'
END as IsAccountLocked,
LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'PasswordLastSetTime') as PasswordLastSetDate,
LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'BadPasswordCount') as CountOfFailedLoginAttempts,
LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'BadPasswordTime') as LastFailedLoginTime,
LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'LockoutTime') as LoginLockedOutDateTime,
CASE LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'IsExpired')
WHEN 0 THEN 'Password is not expired'
WHEN 1 THEN 'Password is not expired,change it'
END as PasswordExpired,
CASE LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'IsMustChange')
WHEN 0 THEN 'Must not change password at next login'
WHEN 1 THEN 'Must change password at next login'
END as PasswordChangeOnNextLogin,
LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'DaysUntilExpiration') as 'DaysUntilthePasswordExpires', --New Property in SQL Server 2008
LOGINPROPERTY(name, 'PasswordHash') as PasswordHash
order by name