I’m a IT Consultant and DBA
I’m a database professional and currently working as an Manager Delivery for one of the largest SQL Server environment.
I have 9 years experience as DBA in SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL. Working with the different databases and dealing with technology challenges is my passion. I love share knowledge. Knowledge sharing is the best way to learn anything. I love to do programming whenever get a time. I have good knowledge in VB 6.0 and in .Net.
This Blog is a place where I share my own personal thoughts, notes, opinions and experiences with databases. I believe we together learn the new things by sharing knowledge. I hope you all will enjoy reading this blog. If you do have any question please let me know, I will try my best to answer you.
I have around 9 plus years of experience as Database Administrator which includes SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Expert in installing and configuring SQL Server instances on both stand-alone and failover cluster servers.
- Advanced knowledge in Failover Clustering, Replication and Log shipping in SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008.
- Good knowledge and experience in security procedures, SQL Server security and auditing procedures.
- Experience in usage of performance monitoring and troubleshooting, extensive use of profiler, Performance monitor, extended stored procedure, DBCC and DMVs for troubleshooting the performance issues.
- Extensive experience in support and maintenance of real time production databases.
- Very good experience in planning and implementing Database backup and disaster recovery plan using native and SQL Lite Speed backups.
- Experience in handling large tables using SQL Server table partitions.
- Extensive experience in migrating and upgrading SQL Server from 7.0.to 2000, 2000 to 2005 and 2005 to 2008.
- Experience in designing ELT process to extract data from other data sources like Oracle and Mainframe.
- Extensive experience in design, development and administration of SQL Server databases.
- Expert in handling, troubleshooting and providing quick and long-term solutions to production issues.
- Good experience in installing and configuring SQL failover clusters in SQL Server 2005 and 2008. And has good experience in maintaining and troubleshooting Active-Passive and Active-Active clusters.
- Patch management for development, staging and Production databases.
- Managing multiple servers with different configurations.
- Performance and Tuning of the SQL Server, databases and Procedures
- Database Development (Database Design, T-SQL, Linked Server, DB Mail, SQL Mail, E-R diagram, CDC and new SQL Server 2008 features)
- Implementation, Monitoring and Troubleshooting database HA Services( Replication, Mirroring, Log shipping and Backups/Restore)
- Capacity Planning, Production Server Alerts setup.
- Expertise and experience in implementing ITIL and Operation Maturity
- Troubleshooting Windows and Linux Server
- Implementation and Monitoring of Linux Clustering, Disk Replication, NAS server management
- Database Report design using Microsoft Reporting Service, Crystal Reports and BIRT (open source)